A nest to record memories
A nest to share and learn
A nest to laugh and be inspired

It is simply a nest for a heart

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Nugrah's funniest moments

This post is meant to record the funniest moment that Nugra has created.

He was only about 4 years old when we went around Surabaya and ended up in furniture exhibition. A sofa with 'Do not seat' sign was arranged beautifully in one of the corner. Unaware with the sign, Nugra sat comfortably until I told him about the sign. Instead of standing up, Nugra chose to sleep on it! Hm...sit is different with sleep, right??

One afternoon, me, Kak Chali and Nugra were walking home after praying in the nearby mosque. Worried about Nugrah's safety, my husband asked me the english translation for "jalan di pinggir". Nugrah heard his father and replied, in english "Don't walk in the middle, bapak"...yup, we can look at everything from any perpectives, right??

Nugra loves history books. Ancient egypt, roman empire, famous people, invention, primitive life etc. One day he asked me "mum, who lived earlier? cave men or nabi Ibrahim?" I asked why? and he said, he read in a book that cave men found fire, and that, another book said one of Nabi Ibrahim's miracle was to walk through fire. He concluded that cave men must had been lived earlier. But then, he was confused again with Nabi Adam, as the first human created by Allah. So, did Nabi Adam a cave man? Nugra was about 5 or 6 at that time. His curiosity made me research again on the history of human...never underestimate what a child is capable of, right??

One day my mother went to the mall with Nugra. Nugra wanted to buy game, and my mother asked if he had money or not. Nugra answered "no, but I have my grandma with me"..hahaha..

Another day in Singapore, my mother nursed my children while I attended a conference with Kak Chali. They strolled around the city when, my mother said, they saw a young man helping his grandma walking. My mother said to Nugra that he also had to help her when he become a young man. Nugra replied 'but you won't live that long, mami??' ...oh...nugra..nugra..

Nugra is supposed to wear glasses but keep refusing to do it. He will come up with so many reasons to avoid wearing ones. One day, we went for an eye test. The opthometrist asked nugra if he can read the letters. Nugra said "of course I can if I don't stand too far from the board"..hahaha..

It was a family day. We chose to go to Gramedia, Makassar. Once we got there, everyone was busy with their books. Nugrah and I were two aisle apart from each other. He was in best selling section while I was in housing. I was so occupied with my own interest when I heard Nugrah, asked me a question, with a very loud voice: 'Mom, what is kelamin?'.... Everyone looked up and smiled...phew!!

1 comment:

Amelia Fauzia said...

Aduh Nugrah, lucu dan smart banget deh...! We want more stories, plz. "we want more..."3X