A nest to record memories
A nest to share and learn
A nest to laugh and be inspired

It is simply a nest for a heart

Thursday, January 10, 2008

If today is the world stealing day, what would you steal from me?

I got a text from my dear sister today. It said "If today is the world stealing day, what would you steal from me?" My answer is :"your brain and your beauty at the most, and your teeth at the least"..hahaha...and what does her husband's most wanted possession of hers? Her teeth!!!! So he can rip it off and throw the teeth as far as they could possibly be....hahaha...she just hates toothbrush!! She even confessed that during her younger age, she brushed the bathroom wall to make a squeeky sound, tricking my late father who frequently eavesdropped in the bathroom door to make sure that we did brush our teeth!! In one of her birthday, her husband lovingly gave her an expensive, electronic german made toothbrush! Hahaha.....

Then, I forwarded the text to one of my friend, and the answer is "surely I would steal your spirit of caring people"...hahaha..sounds like Salvos. Another friend answers "I would not steal anything from you because I'm much much better than you...sorry..." hm......... and other answers "well, can I wait until you get your PhD? Then, I'll steal it..." yeah, you wish!!! The rest of the answers are related to personal tribute (sweetness, smile, cheering, etc) and material (wealth, fashion, etc).

However, the answer from my dearest husband is the most unexpected and the most beautiful one. It takes my breath away....He answers it shortly "Your hurt". I burst into tears.

(It is 1 am now. Alone. My children have gone to sleep. My husband's wishes echos in my ear. One of the best birthday present ever. Two words only. The power of words, lifting my seemingly everlasting burden. I feel like floating, flying. So light. This is my response:

"unexpected answer, thank you. Will always remember it. But you don't have to steal my pain, cause if you are hurt, it's my hurt too. Better throw that away and free ourselves from the pain and let us live. Bravo our little clique of family. I love you even more"

Because I do love him dearly.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sooo sweet of Ka'Chali..his love has the HEAL!! HURT is painful only when there is LOVE..yess ibu??

love you..mmuahh..

Unknown said...

i wish everyday is world stealing day,..so i can steal everything from you..one by one, part by part,.rrrgghhh..rrrgghhhhhhhh :)