A nest to record memories
A nest to share and learn
A nest to laugh and be inspired

It is simply a nest for a heart

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My children, how fast you both have grown...

What a proud mom I am!
It seems like yesterday when I hold little tiny Savira in my arms. I still remember vividly when I wiggled her toes, watched her first step during her first birthday, smiling at her swaying body when she tried to walk steadily, dressed her up and made her hair do with a cute bandana and ribbon. I remember my terrible fear when she was almost drown during bathing, fell from her carriage.
Yesterday and today, Savira has been cooking a delicious pudding caramel. The day before she had succeeded in making the chocolate muffin. For my birthday, Savira presented me with her most beautiful butterfly painting. She is an art lover.

She is also starting to show her interest toward her opposite gender. Something that needs a special touch of art to handle...like flying a kite, need to know the right moment to loose and to thighten the thread.

Today, I measure her height and she's nearly as tall as I am.

My kind son, Anugrah. The day when I hold him for the first time, 9 November 1997, 7am. When his cries were like music to my ear. When his first walk took me by surprise. When he said his first word 'mama'. When he kept on moving his head side to side, everytime he heard some music. When he sang his first song:

naik eleta api tu..tu..tu..
ciapa enda uyu...
i andung...i aya...
i...ima...i...uya....

The time when he was 'puppyyy'...and sang:

inci inci ider...
limb up the wall of ..out...
And I asked if he had finished his ritual, he answered: 'no' ye'......

The day when he kept on dancing, twisting his body constantly in front of a shop in Sydney while listening to a song 'Walking like an Egyptian'.

I remember my tortured heart when I had to stop breastfeeding him because I had to leave for Australia. I remember my guilty feeling when my husband told me that he searched for me under the bed, even under the pillow.

Nowadays, all he wants to do is to pleased me. He teaches me how to stay floating in the pool, he is very concerned whenever I'm sick, and he keeps on making me some food, even just a toast with nutella, to make sure that I eat properly everytime he sees me working. He always hugs me before sleeping and reading stories together. For my birthday, he treated me like a queen, doing all the works for me.

Today, he makes me smile. He sent me email 'urgent mom must buy nutella now'..how cute...

Today, I measure his height and he is almost as tall as I am...

My children have grown. They no longer need my lullaby songs, but it doesn't mean it is forgotten. I believe that the rhytm of the song echoes in their ears for the rest of their life, and it will pass on to their children and to their next generation.

Do..re....mi...
do.. a deer a female deer,
re..a drop of golden sun,
me..a name I called myself,
far..a long-long way to run,
sew..a needle pulling thread,
la..a note to follow sol,
tea..a drink with jam and bread...
that will bring us back to do....

Rock a bye baby..
rock a bye baby on the tree tops
when the wind blows the craddle will rock
when the bough breaks the cradlle will fall
and down will come baby, craddle and all..

Nugra sleeping..(from the song 'Nina Bobo')
nugra sleeping..oh ...nugra sleeping
if you're not sleeping mosquito will bite you..

No comments: