A nest to record memories
A nest to share and learn
A nest to laugh and be inspired

It is simply a nest for a heart

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"We have each other", said my children

Last Sunday, 4 May 2008, I had an accident when my wallet was stolen by a thief in Melbourne Central. I was shattered as I had everything in there. Just like everyone, I put every important cards in my wallet, money (in which I lost quite a fortune....) and pictures...Pictures that connected me with my past. Picture of my newborn son, Anugrah, when he was an hour old, picture of my five months daughter, Savira, in her daddy's lap, my wedding picture, my childhood picture when I was about 3 or 4 years old..and many more!! The lost was overwhelming!!

First thing came to my mind was calling my husband in Indonesia. As usual, his response was so tender and calm. "Even life can be taken away", said he. It seems that he knew I wouldn't be able to rest afterwards, he kept sending me texts and emails, comforting me not to think about the accident. Jokingly, he said that my wallet was meant to retire from my hands. All I need now is a new wallet and filling it with hard work again..But we still have to learn from the lesson. No matter where we are, what we do, and when we do it, we always have to be careful. One more thing, never ever use a backpack again. I always thought that living in a developed country such Australia, will be a safe place to use backpack. It turns out that my hypothesis proved to be wrong!!!

What did my children react to this?? Amazing.... Nugra couldn't stop crying and asking if I were allright. He even made me toast for lunch to put my smiles back on my face. Surprisingly, Vira hugged me from behind and whispering that 'We still have each other, mum'.....

No comments: